The big San Diego Bay is like Southern California beach’s ignored little brother. So many people flock to the endless sandy coastline of San Diego that they forget about our magnificent bay. The San Diego Bay has seven waterfront areas where you can play and find a place to stay near downtown San Diego.
There’s dining, boating, touring, shopping, and entertainment, all available within a few steps of the San Diego Harbor’s Pacific Inn, if you happen to be looking for a place to stay (hint hint). As for what to do once you get to the large harbor town, here are our suggestions:
- Dining: There is certainly not a lack of delicious bayside dining options for those that are craving dinner with a view. Our favorites include Point Loma Seafoods, Mistral in Coronado, Top of the Market at The Embarcadero, and Tom Ham’s Lighthouse on Harbor Island.
- Adventuring: Two of the five natural refuges in Southern California happen to be located right along the Big Bay. You can find the Living Coast Discovery Center and Sweetwater Marsh, as well as the Tijuana Slough National Wildlife Refuge Complex along South San Diego Bay. These protected habitats are a great place to see rare and endangered wildlife and plants.
- Sight Seeing: Taking a glimpse inside the Maritime Museum of San Diego and the San Diego Aircraft Carrier Museum are great ways to soak in some local nautical history. Another exciting option for learning about San Diego is from the sea via a Hornblower or Flagship cruise along the coast.
- Fishing & Boating: Whether you have your own boat or would like to rent one, sailing on the San Diego Bay makes for a wonderful day. Bring a fishing pole for some open water luring or set up shop at one of five piers in the hopes of reeling ‘em in.
- Shopping: The more than 50 small boutiques and niche stores scattered throughout the quaint and picturesque Seaport Village makes for a shopper’s paradise. Visitors can find the perfect souvenir, one of a kind gift, or small handmade keepsakes.
Visitors will need a whole weekend to enjoy everything that San Diego and its bay have to offer. Pacific Inn is conveniently located just one block from the bay and the Maritime Museum and we offer a variety of discounts that make your stay extremely affordable. Call 1-800-571-2933 to book a room today!