More than three million people call San Diego home, making it the second most populated county in California and is the 5th most populated county in the country. People from all over the world flock to San Diego to experience year-round sunshine, miles of pristine coastline and a diverse social scene that can’t be beat.
If you’re planning a vacation to San Diego, figuring out where to go can be overwhelming due to the vast array of options. To help you map out your itinerary we’ve narrowed down the top 5 free online San Diego tour guides to help you during your vacation.
- SanDiego.gov is an obvious pick. The city’s website has everything from a San Diego Visitor Planning Guide to Value Coupons and even a Golf Guide. You can view their winter 2013 planning guide online or you can have a hard copy shipped to your home for free. It includes tips on things like hiking trails, ideas for couples and how to do a fun family getaway at SeaWorld or the San Diego Zoo. If you would like to learn more about the exhibits at the San Diego Zoo and the best time to visit, click here.
- Fodor’s Travel (fodors.com) also offers handy hints when visiting San Diego. Their San Diego Travel Guide includes Places to Explore, Restaurants, Shopping, Deals and more. Also be sure to click on Fodor’s Choice, which lists other travelers’ San Diego favorites, and Travel Tips, which helps vacationers plan transportation and lists important local resources.
- DiscoverSD.com offers a very comprehensive editorial-style guide for both locals and tourists alike. They are always posting information on not-to-be-missed upcoming events and reviews for new restaurants. If you want to enjoy the trendy and hip side of San Diego, from entertainment and arts to nightlife, this is the website to check out.
- Lonely Planet (lonelyplanet.com) is a great and easy guide for those that love seeing photos of where they’re going before they go. Just click on See, Do, Tour, or Eat & Drink for a collection of things to enjoy at a discounted rate in America’s Finest City.
- Mom’s Guide to San Diego is not just for moms. This fun and colorful online guide is a great resource for anyone traveling to San Diego with kids. A visit to their website, momsguidetosandiego.com, and you will links to Family-Friendly Resources, Local Events, Kids Eat Free!, and more. To receive a notification on where to pick up the new 2014 Moms Guide, coming out in January, sign up for the email list on their website.
If you are in need of a kid-friendly hotel with complimentary breakfast or perhaps would like to book a romantic Jacuzzi Suite, look no further than the affordable Pacific Inn hotel near San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter. Call us today at1-800-571-2933 and be sure to ask about our available discounts!