Summer has officially left us but if you’re in San Diego, that doesn’t mean that the sun and mid-70s sunshine has as well. Whether you’re vacationing or living in this beautiful city, there are some things you should do before the mild winter woes set in.
- Pack a picnic. There are so many options for picnicking near San Diego beaches, like La Jolla Shores, or at one of the many gardens in Balboa Park. Take advantage of the San Diego sunshine while it’s out in full force and pack up your family and a picnic basket full of food for the day.
- Go see in a drive-in movie. San Diego has three options for those seeking a retro-inspired and more affordable movie experience. There is the new Full Moon Drive-In which sets up shop every Friday-Sunday at Pacific Beach Middle School, South Bay Drive-In on Coronado Island, or Santee Drive-In.
- Enjoy a patio lunch downtown. Grabbing an affordable lunch in the Gaslamp Quarter in San Diego is more enjoyable when you can people watch from the pleasant patio of restaurants like Nicky Rottens, Fred’s Mexican Café or OsteriaPanevino.
- Attend a Vegas-style pool party! San Diego is wrapping summer up right on September 28 by throwing the Adult Swim closing party, the city’s newest pool party hot spot at Harrah’s Resort.
- Catch a summer concert at Paradise Point. On September 29, Barefoot Bar and Grill will host the last “Sunday Funday” summer concert of the season. From 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. you can listen to rock cover band Steal Dawn while overlooking Mission Bay with a drink in hand.
If you want to take advantage of all of the great end-of-summer action consider booking a cheap downtown San Diego hotel room at Pacific Inn & Suites which is just miles from all these events. Call 1-800-571-2933 to book a room or to speak with a reservations manager today.