If you’re planning a trip to San Diego this month there’s no need to worry about rain or snow to slow you down! You can pack that social calendar to the brim with some of these fun February events:
- KuumbaFest San Diego is an annual event that celebrates African-American expression, culture and heritage. This multi-day celebration runs from February 14-16 and is packed full of events that are fun for the whole family. On Saturday alone you can see a dance showcase, and attend a food tasting event and a fashion show. All the weekend’s events will take place in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter near Horton Plaza. Click here if you’re looking to book a cheap San Diego hotel room near Gaslamp Quarter for the weekend!
- This Valentine’s Day celebrate a little differently by attending the San Diego Humane Society’s Pet Drive on February 15 from 10 am to 2 pm. This holiday pet adoption will take place at the U.S.S. Midway right on the San Diego Bay. Adopted animals will all be spayed/neutered, have current vaccinations, and have microchip identification. As a gift to you, the adoption fees for all seniors and military are waived! Seniors and military can continue saving money with a 10% off discount at the San Diego Pacific Inn, a budget hotel near the MCRD and U.S.S. Midway.
- Come out for Foodie Fridays at La Jolla Playhouse where along with your theater ticket you get access to gourmet food trucks and craft beer. The last two Foodie Fridays of the season are taking place this month on the 21st at 5 pm and the 28th at 6 pm. Green Truck will be there both nights to serve up their famous 100% organic burgers and salads. New York on Rye will also be parked in La Jolla on Friday to prepare authentic NYC deli food and Red Brick Oven will be cooking up fresh, authentic Neapolitan pizzas for theatergoers on Saturday.
- The San Diego Museum of Arts in Balboa Park is getting ready for their next Culture and Cocktails event on February 20. This 21+ event turns the museum into a social mixer with multiple bars, a DJ booth, lighting effects, performances and interactive exhibits. Guests can walk around the museum with a cocktail while viewing famous South Asian Art amidst Bollywood dancers, a Henna body art station and a slow motion photo booth.
- Do you like beer? If so, you can’t miss the annual San Diego Winter Brewfest on February 22. Tickets will include access to some of the best local craft beer, a souvenir glass and concerts performed by Headshine and Soda Pants. If you want to take your beer tasting experience to the next level, purchase the VIP ticket for entrance into the festival an hour early with a special cheese and beer pairing.
- Circus Vargas is back in San Diego and with their new show Magikaria Extreme it’s more action packed than ever before! Gather under the Big Top in San Diego or Mira Mesa through March 3 to experience astonishing magic, music and circus stunts.
So little time, so much to do! San Diego’s events keep rolling which is great if you’re planning a vacation to America’s Finest City. When picking a San Diego hotel it’s important to look at affordability, location and amenities. The Pacific Inn located near Downtown San Diego is proud to say that we offer our guests a variety of discounts, we’re centrally located near all major attractions and we offer a free hot breakfast every morning!
If you want to learn more about the rooms and services offered at our cheap downtown San Diego hotel, please call us at 1-800-571-2933 so that you can start booking your San Diego social events today!