If you want to impress you kids during your upcoming vacation to San Diego all you have to do is take them to one of the five family friendly restaurants listed below. These local restaurants go above and beyond to make sure kids and adults are happy, entertained and well fed.
- Corvette Diner in Liberty Station tops the list due to its fun twists on retro style dining. This old school style diner has an arcade and game area, a magician that wanders around to entertain guests and smiling employees that are having just as much fun as everyone else. Ask your waiter about the Dine & Play package that is offered Monday through Thursday if you want to play some games after gobbling down delicious meal.
- Coronado Brewing Company is the perfect place when it comes to pleasing kids and adults during Tuesday’s Kids Night. From 4 to 7 p.m.children are entertained with the balloon animals being made at the table and adults are entertained by the wide selection of craft beer that’s available. Plus, you can get two free kids meals with the purchase of a $10 entrée and beverage.
- Station Tavern in South Park is a fairly new restaurant that focuses on fresh and healthy food served in a stylish setting. Their modern exterior is well balanced with community style bench seating and an airy patio where pets, kids and beer lovers are welcome. In 2010, Station won California Small Business of the Year and was voted “Best Restaurant for Hipster Parents” in San Diego Magazine.
- Buca di Beppo is a great restaurant option for finicky eaters. If you have a child who likes to pick at their food or is constantly changing their mind about what they want, don’t worry because everything at this Italian restaurant is made family style. Get the group together and order a few delicious menu items to share like Chicken Carbonara or Eggplant Parmigiana. The restaurant runs like a large Italian household so noise isn’t an issue and large groups are easily accommodated. The restaurant’s main location is in the heart of the San Diego Gaslamp District, which is a must-see part of the city if you’re an out of towner.
- Stacked is a parent and child’s dream come true for many reasons. This new burger and pizza joint lets you create your own food items and decide on timing. Suddenly need to put the kids down for a nap? Not a problem! You control everything from your seat. You even have the option of pre-ordering your meals online before you get there so your food is ready to go. Let your kids get creative by putting together their own burger, pizza or mac-n-cheese entrée and if you’re up for some more fun, order discounted movie tickets at the restaurant.
Now that you have a list of family-friendly restaurants, what about hotels? The San Diego Pacific Inn is one of the top family friendly hotels near the airport that offers discounts for AAA and AARP members.Let our hotel become your home away from home in San Diego as you settle into our Kids Suits, complete with one Queen Size bed and one bunk bed. Call us today at 1-800-571-2933 to ask about our available rooms and discounts.