Just like Rome, San Diego wasn’t built in a day. However, if you only have one day to see SD’s finest we can help. You might just want to see some sights during your business trip in between meetings, or perhaps you have a long enough layover to venture around your cheap hotel near San Diego Airport and the downtown district. Whatever the case, we have compiled a list of the top 5 must-see items, all of which can be done in one day!
- Book an affordable hotel near Old Town San Diego because this is a great place to start your day. Old Town is packed full of history, beautiful parks, museums, shopping and plenty of restaurant options.
- Next head just down the street to see the wonders of Balboa Park. You’ll have your choice of museums, including the esteemed San Diego Museum of Art, along with prime picnic spots and playgrounds for the kids.
- Continue going south and you’ll hit San Diego’s Gaslamp District. Downtown San Diego is full of life, energy and diversity and you can’t skip town without experiencing it. Take your time to walk 5th Street, enjoy the overwhelming amount of restaurant options and grab a glass of wine on an Italian bistro-themed patio.
- Speaking of Italian, next up on your must-see list is Little Italy located just next door to the Gaslamp Quarter. With award winning restaurants on every corner and bars that cater to every taste, from classy and trendy to cheap and divey, this quaint town is a must. Just be sure you make reservations if you want to enjoy dinner here on a weekend night!
- Wrap up your fun-filled day by the Big Bay. Walk along the harbor during sunset and stop by the Maritime Museum to soak in some rich San Diego history.
When you wrap up your day alongside San Diego’s Bay you’ll also be conveniently located right next to your affordable San Diego hotel room if you made a reservation at Pacific Inn & Suites, which sits on California’s popular Pacific Coast Highway. If you call and book your room in advance today you can even receive 12% off already low prices. To secure your San Diego hotel room click on the “reservations” tab above or call us at 1-800-571-2933.
What are you most looking forward to seeing during your day in San Diego? Share this article on Facebook or Twitter to spark a conversation!