SeaWorld Visitors Tips for Families & First-Timers
SeaWorld San Diego is one of the top theme parks on the west coast and provides visitors with endless options for fun and excitement. With so many shows, exhibits and rides to enjoy, it can be difficult to fit them all into one day. If you know SeaWorld is going to be a part of your vacation itinerary, use the following tips to help make the most of your day.
- Visit SeaWorld during slower times. If you’re vacation schedule has some flexibility, try to visit SeaWorld during the non-peak seasons. The park tends to be less crowded during the non summer months and weekdays. If you visit on the weekend, it will likely get more crowded in the afternoon so try to get there as early as possible to beat the rush.
- Prepare for the sun. SeaWorld is an outdoor park which means visitors will be walking outside in the warm sun. Be prepared by wearing a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen. It is also a good idea to dress in layers so one can take off clothing as the day gets warmer.
- Wear comfortable shoes. The rides, shows and exhibits are all at different locations within the park, meaning a lot walks for visitors. With all the walking required, it is recommended visitors wear comfortable shoes.
- Plan your day around the shows. The various shows at SeaWorld are what make the park fascinating and memorable. Being aware of show times will help you schedule your day, putting limits on other activities and allowing you to see more.
- Go on the rides first. Plan on making a beeline to the popular SeaWorld rides you want to go on right when you enter the park. The lines for the rides are generally shorter in the morning and grow progressively longer as the day goes on.
- Bring your own snacks. Visitors can bring bottled water and light snacks into SeaWorld. Snacking on your own food is a cheaper and likely healthier option than over-indulging in the delicious food sold inside SeaWorld.
How to Make the Most of a SeaWorld Vacation
SeaWorld is one of the best family attractions in San Diego, offering visitors a wide range of fun activities, most of which can be enjoyed in a day. Families who take advantage of budget-friendly SeaWorld lodging at the Pacific Inn can save time with a short commute to the popular theme park. We offer a range of rooms and suites including our Kids’ Suite with bunk bed and also provide a wide range of complimentary amenities, all for a great low price. Why wait? Contact us today and start planning y our SeaWorld adventure!