Popular Places to Visit near the San Diego Zoo
San Diego, California has long been known as “America’s Finest City”. This one of a kind city is a perfect example of what you get when you combine big city excitement with a small town feel. With its blissful weather, lush scenery, laid back people, beautiful beaches and classic Californian vibe, San Diego is the perfect getaway destination. If you are planning a trip to California, make San Diego your top priority. Stay at an affordable zoo hotel and enjoy all that America’s finest city has to offer.
For many tourists, the San Diego Zoo is a must see wonder. This zoo features some of the rarest and most magnificent animals all within this lush and beautiful tropical backdrop. But of course the zoo isn’t the only gem worth seeing in San Diego. Notable must see hotspots in San Diego include
- Point Loma Cabrillo National Monument: Some of the best views in San Diego
- La Jolla Beach/ La Jolla Cove: San Diego beach (need I say more)
- Balboa Park: Lush and magnificent scenery, live entertainment, museums
- Gaslamp Quarter: Downtown San Diego
- Little Italy District: Pasta, gelato, fine wine and everything Italian
- Seaport Village: Bayside living at it’s finest
- Sea World: Dolphins, Orca’s and Sharks…oh my
- Coronado Bridge: San Diego’s man made wonder
San Diego is known for its excitement and endless activity options. For those outdoor lovers there is hiking, scuba diving, animal watching and adrenaline pumping excitement at every turn. For those art lovers there is the La Jolla Festival of the Arts. And who doesn’t love the water? San Diego is known for having some of the best beaches this side of the hemisphere. When it comes to San Diego, there is something for everyone.