Interesting Facts about the San Diego Zoo
Imagine coming face to face with a pack of lions. Imagine stepping through time zones and looking into the eyes of snow leopards and penguins. Imagine pumping your chest with a gorilla or playing hide and seek with meerkats. Make this fantasy a reality today by stepping through the vines and jumping over the gullies at the world famous San Diego Zoo.
Before you visit the Zoo, the Pacific Inn & Suites in downtown San Diego provides some fun and interesting facts about the San Diego Zoo. The San Diego Zoo…
- First opened doors in October of 1916.
- Has become an international icon and a global nonprofit organization dedicated to animal conservation, reproduction and protection.
- Is comprised of 100 acres of land featuring an outstanding botanical collection, one of the best in the world.
- Is home to the Giant Panda, one of the only places where visitors can view the rare and beautiful animal with her cubs.
- Was the first zoo to have a float in Pasadena Rose Parade.
- Has a Skyfari Aerial Tram that allows you to soar above the ground and look over at the animals and a double decker bus to get you up close and personal.
- Offers discounted tickets through hotels such as the Pacific Inn & Suites.
Save Money & Stay at a Cheap Downtown San Diego Hotel
Experience amazement and wonder today at the San Diego Zoo. Within this hidden oasis of tropical splendor you will find all sorts of animals from cackling hyenas to magnificent condors and everything in between. Start planning your trip and stay at the Pacific Inn & Suites, a top choice in affordable hotels near the San Diego Zoo. We are conveniently located two miles away from the zoo, offering our visitors affordable accommodations and a short and easy commute to the park. Don’t forget to ask our Reservation Specialist about our discounted zoo tickets and family friendly hotel options. Call us today at 1-800-571-2933 and make your San Diego hotel reservations.