San Diego Airport Security
As a preferred cheap place to stay near the San Diego Airport, we want to make sure that you are prepared for your vacation to this beautiful city and for your arrival at the San Diego International Airport. As a result, we’ve prepared a short list with some of the airport’s important security procedures.
- Always keep proper identification on hand. TSA will inspect identification when moving throughout the airport. Among the most popular acceptable forms of identification are drivers license, US passport, US passport card, US military ID, permanent resident card or border crossing card.
- All passengers must submit to either electronic scanning or a pat-down. Pat-downs are conducted by TSA officers of the same sex and private screenings can be requested at any time.
- At no time should any baggage be left unattended in the airport. Security takes this very seriously. Baggage that is left unattended may be confiscated or destroyed.
- Dangerous items such as weapons or sharp tools are prohibited in the airport. This includes a wide-variety of items such as: scissors, knives and lighter fluid. Please see the TSA’s website for a full list of prohibited items.
- Carryon bags can only contain liquids in 3.4oz (100ml) bottles and all bottles must be kept in a 1 quart transparent plastic bag. If there is any doubt, it may be prudent to check baggage, instead of taking it as a carry-on.
- Vehicles are subject to random search while on the airport premises. This includes entering and leaving the airport, as well as any parking areas.
San Diego is one of the most beautiful cities in the United States, and keeping these procedures in mind will ensure safe and comfortable traveling while visiting.
Start Planning Your San Diego Vacation Today
For more information about airport security, transportation or hotel accommodations, contact the Pacific Inn. We are located within 2 miles of the San Diego Airport and are preferred by out of town travelers for our great downtown location and affordable hotel rates. What are you waiting for? Start planning your San Diego vacation and call a Reservation Manager at 1-800-571-2933 today.