5 Things Visitors Must Know about the Gaslamp Quarter
The Gaslamp Quarter is an urban district located in the heart of downtown San Diego. The unique district pays tribute to its rich history through beautifully restored Victorian-era buildings, while also highlighting modern architecture with tall condos and skyscrapers. Want to learn more about the Gaslamp Quarter? Enjoy our list of 5 things visitors must know about San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter.
- There are more than 150 restaurants and nightclubs in the Gaslamp district. If you plan to patronize a restaurant after 8pm, especially on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night, try and make a reservation because the later it is in the Gaslamp, the busier it gets.
- Park-It-On-Market parking garage between 6th & 7th on Market Street offers some of the most reasonably priced downtown parking. In addition to an hourly rate, the structure also offers overnight parking. Otherwise, most parking is metered so have change ready.
- Most shops in the Gaslamp don’t open until about 11am. While some shops and many restaurants open for breakfast prior to 11am, visitors shouldn’t plan on doing any early morning Gaslamp shopping.
- Listed on the Natural Register of Historic Places, it is important to take the time to embrace the city’s history. Go on a walking tour and consider visiting some of the area’s museums and art galleries. Some popular museums can be found nearby at Balboa Park, one of the largest Urban Parks in the United States.
- Check the online website of the Gaslamp Quarter to find out information about any block parties. Many Convention Center and PETCO Park events are scheduled throughout the year and can make driving through the area challenging. It is best for travelers to use public transportation to enter the city on these days.
Experience the History and Culture of San Diego’s Gaslamp Firsthand
To truly appreciate the history and culture of the Gaslamp Quarter, you must visit for yourself or stay at a economy San Diego Gaslamp Quarter hotel. However, how do you select a hotel from the hundreds of options available? The Pacific Inn & Suites is a downtown San Diego hotel, located within minutes of the Gaslamp Quarter. We are also steps from Little Italy, providing our guests with easy access to a variety of restaurants, shopping and entertainment.
The Pacific Inn is preferred by travelers and vacationers because we offer some of the lowest rates for downtown San Diego hotels and our rooms and suites are spacious and clean. If you are traveling with your family, be sure to ask our Reservation Manager about our kids’ suite that comes equipped with bunk bed which can sleep up to three. We also have a luxurious Jacuzzi suite, perfect for a romantic weekend getaway. Call us today at 1-800-571-2933 for rates and reservations and for additional info on our current hotel deals.