Top Picnic Spots in San Diego’s Balboa Park
As a visitor or vacationer to San Diego, you have access to one of the most beautiful parks in the United States: Balboa Park. Although there are many things to do in a park, Balboa Park is where many vacationers choose to picnic with their family or friends. Each of the picnic areas in Balboa Park have a lot to offer and are becoming more popular by the minute. The picnic areas in which are being referred to are Cosmos, Bird Park, Pine Grove, Activity Center Garden Court and Golden Hill Park.
- Cosmos contains over 1,200 acres of land offering plenty of space for you and your family to spread out and enjoy a picnic. Bring some toys and let the kids run around and play games.
- Bird Park contains an open grassy field that is suitable for kite flying or other activities. This spot also offers play equipment for the kids which can be found at the back of the park.
- Pine Grove is known to be the shadiest spot with numerous of picnic tables and trees scattered throughout the area. While there are no BBQ pits here, bringing along sandwiches and snacks is a great way to enjoy a picnic in this area.
- Activity Center Garden Court contains landscaped gardens, benches, and beautiful fountains. This area is often quieter than the other picnic spots in Balboa Park.
- Golden Hill Park, the oldest parks in the area, consists of large open grassy areas that are surrounded by two large Moreton Bay Figs. This park is also known to be a great viewing spot for evening and holiday fireworks.
Following Free Fun with Affordable Accommodations
Interested in staying near Balboa Park? Reserve a room at the Pacific Inn and Suites. We are a preferred cheap Balboa Park hotel and are a short drive away. Located in downtown San Diego, we offer guests the best of all worlds, providing discounted accommodations, a great location and a variety of complimentary amenities including wireless internet and parking. For more information about our hotel in downtown San Diego, contact a Reservation Manager.