The downtown district of San Diego is often viewed as a trendy, entertainment area geared toward adult nightlife activities. However, if you are planning a family vacation to San Diego, the downtown district is an area that should not be overlooked. When staying at the Pacific Inn, a downtown San Diego hotel, families are located in close proximity to a variety of fun and exciting family friendly activities including:
- The San Diego Zoo – A favorite among vacationers and locals, the San Diego Zoo is a must visit attraction, offering a one of a kind experience. Home to 3,700 animals, including the rare Giant Panda, the zoo provides guests with a great way to observe animals from around the world. There are also live shows and guided tours scheduled throughout the day to ensure visitors get to experience the entire theme park.
- The New Children’s Museum – The museum is located within 2 miles of the Pacific Inn and provides children with hands on arts-and-crafts, interactive exhibitions, special performances, and educational experiences. There is also a sit down café and an outdoor park with a separate space for children to paint and create their own sculptures.
- The USS Midway Museum – The historic aircraft carrier turned museum presents visitors with over 60 exhibits and 25 restored aircrafts. Individuals of all ages can explore the various parts of the carrier including the engine room, the crew’s original sleeping quarters and the ship’s jail. The USS Midway Museum also features flight simulators, interactive exhibits, and a small theater to watch short films.
- Petco Park – For vacationers visiting during the MLB season, catching a Padres game is a great way to enjoy San Diego as the locals do. Situated behind the outfield of the ballpark sits the “Park at the Park”. The Park was designed with families in mind, providing children with a large grassy area to play, and a large LED video board to watch the game. The Park at the Park is also open year round and serves as a fun play area for children during baseballs off season.
- United Artists at Horton Plaza – The movie theater at Horton Plaza provides the perfect way to take a break from a hectic vacation schedule. The theater features new releases and multiple screenings throughout the day. In addition to the movies, visitors staying at one of the hotels near Horton Plaza can also enjoy the malls unique architecture and variety of specialty shops and department stores.
The Pacific Inn is a budget friendly option for hotels near Gaslamp Quarter San Diego and downtown San Diego. We offer spacious rooms and suites, including our kid’s suite which comes equipped with a queen size bed and a bunk bed to accommodate the entire family. Our amenities including free Wi-Fi, cable television with HBO, DVD player, in-room refrigerator and microwave, in addition to our unbeatable rates, allows traveling families to make the most of their stay in San Diego. To reserve a room at the Pacific Inn, call us at 1-800-571-2933 and begin planning your San Diego vacation.