While San Diego is home to the San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld and Legoland California, not all vacation budgets can accommodate the expensive admissions rates associated with these theme parks. Whether you’ve already visited these attractions during a previous visit or you’re saving them for your next Southern California adventure, there are still many affordable San Diego activities fun for individuals of all ages.
If you’re on a romantic vacation, don’t skip:
- Coronado – The beaches of Coronado are always shimmering under the San Diego sunshine. Watch the sunset, walk along the beach or window shop in town. Whatever you decide to do, Coronado is a great destination for a bit of romance.
- Happy Hour in the Gaslamp – If you’re on a tight budget, there are many restaurants that offer happy hour in the Gaslamp. From rooftop bars to first class restaurants, dine at happy hour with a specialty cocktail instead of going to a full multi-course meal. Click here for more information about the Gaslamp Quarter.
If you’re traveling with young children, check out:
- Balboa Park – Guests can explore the park grounds free of charge. Stop by for a picnic lunch and let your kids run around the park’s many grassy hills.
- Seaport Village – During the day, Seaport Village is the ideal spot for young children. Watch kites fly by, ride the historic carousel or check out street performances by magicians and balloon artists.
If you’re visiting San Diego with teenagers, stop by:
- The USS Midway Museum – The admissions fee for this museum is significantly less than others in area and provides visitors with a look into the rich history of the USS Midway. Plus, teenagers love the museums’ interactive exhibits.
- Belmont Park – After spending a day at Mission beach, head to Belmont Park, San Diego’s waterfront amusement park. Admission into the park is free and the cost of rides and games won’t break the bank.
Reserve a room at our cheap hotel in Downtown San Diego and enjoy our central location and save even more by skipping the rental car. If you have additional questions about activities near our hotel, don’t hesitate to contact us!