San Diego is known for its sunshine, beautiful beaches and laid back surf culture. However, that doesn’t mean that summer is the only great time to visit America’s Finest City. If you’re planning an end of the year trip, you really should consider San Diego as a destination. Need some convincing? Here are the top 7 reasons to visit San Diego in the fall.
- Weather. Although we can’t promise clear blue skies, San Diego generally doesn’t get too much rain. You’ll likely still be able to do a variety of activities during your trip and the chances that you’ll be hindered by storm weather make taking a gamble worth it. Plus, unless your other options for a fall vacation include a few tropical destinations, finding great weather is a problem you’ll run into in most places.
- Price. San Diego during the fall is the perfect for budget vacationers because it is considered “off-peak” season. Prices for downtown hotels and rental cars will likely be offered at a cheaper price in order to entice visitors to stay. You can stay at a clean, centrally located hotel, for prices around $75 a night. Who can beat a deal like that?
- Attractions. Many of the San Diego attractions in San Diego are just as beautiful during the fall as they are in the summer. Plus, with places like the San Diego Zoo, it’s often better to come during the cooler months as this is when the animals will be the most active. In addition to the zoo, other attractions vacationers can still visit during the fall include SeaWorld, Balboa Park, Little Italy and Old Town.
- Events. With a variety of holidays scattered throughout the fall and early winter, a visit to San Diego allows visitors to enjoy a variety of highly anticipated events that only come around once a year. A few of our favorite annual November and December events include San Diego Beer Week, the Old Globe Theatre’s production of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” San Diego Bay Wine & Food Festival, San Diego Thanksgiving Dixieland Jazz Festival, Holiday of Lights in Del Mar and Balboa Park’s December Nights.
- Restaurants. The restaurants in San Diego highlight cuisines from around the world at price points comfortable for all visitors. Many restaurants and eateries also change their menus seasonally, using only the freshest produce. Enjoy some of the area’s top fall produce, seafood and more.
- Crowds. No matter where you go in San Diego during the fall, there is likely going to be less people. So whether you’re heading to a theme park or checking out some of area’s local attractions, there won’t be as many people checking them out with you. You’ll get to take advantage of the same great events without having to worry about waiting in long lines.
What more reason could you need to visit San Diego this fall? Visit www.pacificinnsd.com to check out our current hotel deals or call 1-800-571-2933 to speak to a Reservation Manager and start planning your autumn vacation!